Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Lyme Park and Buxton



Another day out with Siobhan: It rained for long periods as we drove over to Cheshire, but after looking round the hall there was quite a long gap between showers for us to explore the gardens; we didn't venture into the park because it would have been a bit too much for Siobhan...and it looked like it might rain at any time.

The house and gardens are nothing special; the only thing that I thought was really impressive was the courtyard.







These were the items that I found most interesting inside the hall.





The view of the hall is much better from the back, where the gardens are located.





I had fun for a few minutes playing with a piece of installation art called 'Distant Drumbeat.' I banged on the drums with drumsticks to change the colours of the lights attached to the folly tower on the distant hillside...I was able to change the lights to every colour of the rainbow.






After a couple of  hours we set off for home, calling at Buxton for tea and cake at the Pavilion Gardens. The slice of apple and blackberry cake I had was delicious and moist. On the way back to the car park we had time to pop in to the charity shops; I found seven of them on the pedestrianised precinct - there might have been several more elsewhere in the town.





No comments:

Post a Comment