Friday, July 10, 2015

Tickhill, Near Doncaster

A short trip out today to Tickhill, a very pleasant small town south of Doncaster. I went with Marshall, my support worker.

We started by sitting next to the Millpond, eating our sandwiches and listening to the cricket commentary.











During the luncheon interval at the cricket we went for a walk round the town. I've never really taken the time to have a thorough look at the place; I've started or finished a few walks here, and travelled through it plenty of times on the bus or in the car.

So, there were a couple of things I've not seen before; the two Spanish-style villas and the walnut tree orchard at the back of the millpond.








I'd not been inside the church before today; I've not been inside the castle either - it's a private residence and only opens its doors one day a year to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment