Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bakewell Book Fair

My friend Justin is interested in buying and selling antiquarian books and so when he found out about this year's Bakewell Book Fair he invited me to join him. I checked online and there would be several stalls selling the type of books [and maps] that I'm interested in...so I decided to join him for the day.

Justin said the book fair was quite small; nonetheless we still spent an hour there and I bought an old [1960s] Ordnance Survey map of the Doncaster area for £2.

We then had a fish and chips lunch and looked round the shops; I even snapped Justin enjoying himself on the riverside just after he'd been tormented by several dozen ducks and geese.















The next time we have a meal in Bakewell Justin mentioned that he fancied trying the Tiroler Stüberl; it certainly looks attractive from the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment