Friday, December 30, 2016

A Short Holiday With My Brother; Day Three

Today we only had a half day out, to the next town, Lancaster. We did have the services of a guide on the bus though, and her stories and insight into both Morecambe and Lancaster were very enjoyable. She tried her hardest to persuade us that Lancaster was a beautiful and historic city, but it was a difficult job for her though, especially since the castle gatehouse and the parish church were both covered in scaffolding...as were several other buildings in the old town. I wasn't impressed with Lancaster at all; for the most part it was no different to several West Riding or Lancashire mill towns that I've visited.










It was overcast for most of the time at Lancaster, but by the time we returned to the hotel at Morecambe by three o'clock it was sunny...with some interestingly lit clouds. We walked along the promenade to the town centre and I took a lot of photographs. This was my first chance to see Morecambe; I was expecting it to be a bit of a dump, but I was pleasantly surprised. Certainly, with a bit of money spent on it, it has the potential to became quite a smart resort.













No comments:

Post a Comment