Saturday, December 3, 2016

Matlock Victorian Christmas Market 2016

A day out with my friend Justin today; as usual it took quite a bit of organising and planning.

The bus arrived on time at Matlock at 11:05. We got off at Hall Leys Park, went to the toilets and then crossed the road and had fish and chips before the restaurant got busy. We then returned to the park, where the Victorian Christmas Market was being held.

We didn't spend very long at the market though, I would have liked to linger but Justin was keen to visit all the charity shops and a couple of the antiques centres. There are, I think, eight charity shops and it least that number of antiques centres.

We did each buy a large mixed game pie at the market. As I was expecting there was some lovely and unusual food on display; the highlights which I'm able to remember were giant fruited scones infused with either apple or orange juice, penguin pie, and wild beaver pie. I was tempted...I really was tempted, but then looked down and saw how baggy my clothes are looking these days and thought the better of it - I've lost nearly three stones, hopefully with more weight loss to come. 










No comments:

Post a Comment