Monday, October 16, 2017

Cromford, The National Stone Centre, and Wirksworth,

I arrived at Cromford at 10:05 this morning after catching my train and two buses, and then set off towards Wirksworth, walking up the street until I found the footpath that would firstly take me to the National Stone Centre via the perimeter of a mostly well-screened quarry.









It was very unusual weather and atmospheric conditions today, certainly not as forecast; which was for prolonged sunny periods. I could actually see the sun for most of the time, but it was an otherworldly flaring bright orange globe like nothing I've ever seen before...it seems that planet Nibiru has finally arrived! The sun, as it was, wasn't casting any shadows though...and at times it was really dark. I could also sense the fizzing of static electricity around me and there was a metallic taste in the air. Quite an experience.

I didn't stay very long at the National Stone Centre; I spent most of the time looking at, touching, and reading about the various types of stone used for making dry stone walls...and how the walls are constructed. Marshall, one of my support workers, would be absolutely fascinated by this.

I needed to walk about a mile down the road into Wirksworth, where I lingered for a while to explore the town.















It wasn't long until I was in the countryside again, some very pleasant countryside too.



It was then an interesting and varied walk down to the busy A6 road.


The stretch along the road of about a mile wasn't very interesting at all though, but the weather was finally improving, and was very sunny for the final stretch along the canal towpath back to Cromford.










No comments:

Post a Comment